Lending Club Headquarters
71 Stevenson, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105
Main: Toll free (888) 376-6642
Grayling Public Relations
Recent Press Releases
- 07/08/2014 Lending Club Records First Billion-Dollar Quarter
- 05/05/2014 Lending Club and Union Bank Enter Into Strategic Alliance
- 04/17/2014 Lending Club Acquires Springstone
- 04/02/2014 Lending Club Personal and Business Loans Now Available to Mississippi Residents
- 03/20/2014 Lending Club Launches Business Loans
- 12/05/2013 Lending Club Platform Surpasses $3 Billion in Personal Loans
- 11/15/2013 Lending Club Names Michael Barr and Jeff Huber to Advisory Board
- 10/16/2013 Head of Capital One Bank Small Business Lending Joins Lending Club
- 07/23/2013 Lending Club Wins Transpacific Yacht Race
- 07/02/2013 Lending Club Exceeds $2 Billion in Personal Loans
- 06/25/2013 Lending Club to Attempt New Transpacific Sailing Record
- 06/20/2013 Community Banks Join the Lending Club Platform
- 05/02/2013 Google Takes Minority Interest in Lending Club
- 02/28/2013 Lending Club Appoints Former Visa President as Director
- 02/07/2013 Lending Club Opens Low-Interest, Fixed-Rate Personal Loan Platform to Tennessee Residents
- 02/06/2013 Lending Club Named to Forbes’ "America’s Most Promising Companies" List for Second Consecutive Year
- 12/13/2012 Lending Club Names Lawrence H. Summers to Board of Directors
- 12/06/2012 Lending Club Debuts Low-Interest, Fixed-Rate Personal Loan Platform to Indiana Residents
- 11/05/2012 Lending Club Exceeds $1 Billion in Personal Loans
- 08/05/2012 Former E*TRADE General Counsel Joins Lending Club
- 07/31/2012 Lending Club Taps Former Visa and Morgan Stanley Executive as Chief Technology Officer
- 07/19/2012 Lending Club Announces Additional Investment in LC Advisors Fund from Peter Thomson
- 07/10/2012 Lending Club Wins Third Consecutive AlwaysOn Global 250 Award
- 06/06/2012 Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Invests in Lending Club
- 04/12/2012 Lending Club Appoints John Mack as Director
- 04/10/2012 Lending Club Commences $1 Billion Note Offering
- 02/02/2012 Lending Club Surpasses $500 Million in Personal Loans
- 12/02/2011 Lending Club Named to Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies List
- 11/03/2011 Lending Club Originates $400 Million in Personal Loans
- 10/19/2011 Jefferies Senior Vice President Joins Lending Club
- 09/29/2011 Angelo Gordon Partner Joins Lending Club
- 09/08/2011 Peter Thomson and Thomvest Make Strategic Investments in Lending Club
- 09/01/2011 Lending Club Wins Prestigious World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award
- 08/03/2011 Lending Club Announces $25 Million Round led by Union Square Ventures
- 07/28/2011 Lending Club Selected as AlwaysOn Global 250 Winner
- 07/14/2011 Lending Club Sets Record with $20 Million in Personal Loans Issued in June
- 06/02/2011 JP Morgan Chase Card Services Credit Executive Joins Lending Club
- 05/05/2011 Lending Club Passes the Quarter-Billion Dollar Mark in Personal Loan Originations
- 05/02/2011 Distributor to Invest Up to $2 Million in Personal Loans through Lending Club to Spur Sales
- 01/19/2011 Lending Club Passes $200 Million in Personal Loan Originations
- 01/12/2011 Better Loan Resolution for 2011: Credit Sesame and Lending Club Partner to Save People Money
- 01/03/2011 Lending Club and PerkStreet Financial Encourage Consumers to Quit Credit Cards for Good, Launch "Shred Your Credit Card" Contest
- 11/16/2010 Personal Loan News: Lending Club Appoints Former Citigroup Head of Global Consumer Group Risk Management to Board of Directors
- 10/28/2010 Personal Loans from Lending Club Now Available in North Carolina
- 10/22/2010 Personal Loans from Lending Club Now Available in Kansas
- 10/18/2010 Personal Loan Performance Drives Lending Club to Decrease Starting APR to 6.78% - Nearly Half the Average Starting Credit Card APR of 13.15% Available to Similar Borrowers
- 09/28/2010 Former Managing Principal of Hilspen Capital Management Joins Lending Club as Managing Director
- 08/19/2010 Former Charles Schwab Executive Joins Lending Club As New Chief Financial Officer
- 07/22/2010 Lending Club Turns Three, Captures 80 Percent of U.S. Peer Lending Market
- 06/30/2010 Lending Club Selected as Mint.com Goals Launch Partner to Help Consumers Pay Off Credit Card Debt, Keep More of Their Money
- 06/24/2010 Personal Financial Knowledge Has Gone Up, but Americans Still Aren’t Making the Right Financial Moves, According to Lending Club Survey
- 06/03/2010 Lending Club Surpasses $10 Million in Monthly Loan Fundings for May
- 04/14/2010 Lending Club Announces $24.5 Million in Series C Funding
- 03/25/2010 Average Net Annual Returns on Self-Directed IRAs over 10%
- 01/19/2010 Researchers at Columbia Business School Find Lending Club to be a Rational Alternative to Mainstream Investments
- 01/06/2010 Lending Club Expands to Redwood City
- 12/22/2009 Lending Club Announces The DebtBuster Challenge
- 3/25/2009 Lending Club Introduces the First Self-Directed IRA to Enable Investments in Peer Lending
- 3/19/2009 Lending Club Closes Series B Financing Round
- 1/22/2009 Recent Javelin Analysis Reviews Social Lending Investments with Lending Club
- 12/13/2007 Lending Club Available Nationwide: Affinity-Based People-to-People Lending Service Expands Its Network Across All 50 States
- 10/31/2007 Lending Club Partners with Top University Alumni Associations to Promote Affinity-Based Lending
- 9/13/2007 People’s Response to the Credit Crunch: Lending Club Members Issue $1 Million in Loans and Company Launches New Community Website
- 8/17/2007 Lending Club Announces Winners of User Generated Video Ad Contest
- 8/23/2007 Lending Club, Newly Launched P2P Lending Success Story, Secures $10.26 Million in Series A Financing
- 5/24/2007 Facebook’s case study on Lending Club (PDF, 806kb)
- 5/24/2007 Lending Club® Launches on Facebook® Platform
Leadership Photos and Bios
- Renaud Laplanche Founder & CEO
- Scott SanbornChief Operating and Marketing Officer
- Carrie DolanChief Financial Officer
- Chaomei ChenChief Risk Officer
As Founder and CEO, Renaud is responsible for overseeing the overall strategic direction and operation of Lending Club, which he grew from a disruptive idea in 2006 to an industry leader that facilitated over $2 billion in personal loans in 2013. He also serves as Chairman of Lending Club’s Board of Directors.
Before founding Lending Club, Renaud was the Founder & CEO of TripleHop Technologies, an enterprise software company acquired by Oracle Corporation in June 2005. Prior to that, Renaud was a Senior Associate at New York law firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
Renaud was named a 2013 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award Winner for Northern California, 2012 Entrepreneur of the Year at the BFM Awards, and in 2002 was honored with the HEC Entrepreneur of the Year award. He has also won the French sailing championship twice, in 1988 and 1990.
Renaud has an MBA from HEC and London Business School and a JD from Montpellier University. He is a frequent guest lecturer at Columbia Business School and a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization.
Renaud has appeared in many leading publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, BusinessWeek and Barron’s and has been featured on CNBC, Bloomberg, ABC News, CBS News, and Fox Business News.
As the Chief Marketing and Operating Officer, Scott is responsible for connecting to Lending Club’s customers through all channels, including advertising, PR, the website, direct marketing, and customer support as well as for managing our customer-facing operations.
Before joining Lending Club Scott was the Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer for eHealthInsurance, a publicly traded ecommerce company, where he lead marketing, product, sales and customer service to bring double digit growth in revenue and new customer acquisition.
Prior experience includes various senior marketing roles including President and Chief Marketing Officer of RedEnvelope, Inc., an e-commerce and catalog retailer of upscale gifts, and Senior Vice President of Marketing for the Home Shopping Network, a television and internet retailer of consumer products.
Scott holds a BS from Tufts University.
As the Chief Financial Officer, Carrie is responsible for Lending Club’s financial management, including accounting, financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, fund accounting, trading and settlement, and investor relations.
Prior to Lending Club, Carrie was the Treasurer for The Charles Schwab Corporation, a leading provider of securities, brokerage, banking, and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Carrie also served as the Chief Financial Officer for Schwab Bank, a bank she helped launch in 2003.
Before joining Schwab, Carrie held a variety of financial positions at Chevron in financial planning and analysis, management reporting, accounting, credit, and treasury. During her tenure, Carrie helped launch the Chevron Credit Bank, which offered proprietary credit cards, and served on its board of directors and as its Chief Financial Officer.
Carrie was named the 2013 Bay Area CFO of the Year for Emerging Companies by the San Francisco Business Times. This award recognizes finance leaders who have made outstanding contributions to the company’s performance as evidenced by significant growth and by recognition of the company as a leader in its industry.
Carrie received both her BS in finance and accounting and her MBA degree from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.
As CRO, Chaomei is responsible for the risk management function and infrastructure enabling Lending Club’s portfolio of prime consumer credit.
Chaomei brings over 20 years’ experience in the banking and financial services industry holding roles including Chief Risk Officer at JP Morgan Chase Card Services for the WaMu portfolio and as Chief Credit Officer at Providian Financial Services. Her experience includes executive positions with Fleet Credit Card Services and PNC National Bank, and management positions with Citicorp, American Express and Household Credit Services. Chaomei has overseen the business and credit risk within portfolios totaling more than $20 billion.
Chaomei holds a BS degree in mathematics from Jiaotong University in China and has earned an MSE degree in mathematical science from The Johns Hopkins University.
As the Chief Technology Officer, John is responsible for leading Lending Club's technology development and operations.
John brings more than 20 years of experience in executive-level technology roles in the financial services industry, including C-suite roles at three public companies. He previously served as head of global development at Visa, Inc., where he led program management and information services, including Web application development, data warehousing, business intelligence and mobile development, and oversaw all new technology initiatives for the company. He also served as CTO for the full-service brokerage arm of Morgan Stanley, where he directed the platform for all Morgan Stanley Dean Witter retail brokerage electronic commerce efforts. His experience also includes executive and senior-level management positions at leading financial service technology companies Green Dot Corporation, Envestnet, Inc. and SunGard Data Systems.
John holds a BS in computer engineering from the University of Michigan.
As Lending Club’s General Counsel, Jason handles all regulatory and legal matters with an emphasis on securities and banking.
Prior to Lending Club, Jason was the General Counsel and VP, Partnerships for Corefino, Inc., an outsourced accounting solution and technology provider. Jason has also been a corporate partner for the international law firms of Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo P.C. and Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal, LLP and he was an associate for over 9 years with Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, PC.
Jason was named Best Corporate Counsel, Private Companies by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and San Francisco Business Times in 2014. He holds a BA in Economics from U.C. Davis, an MA in International Relations and Public Policy (China emphasis) from U.C. San Diego and a JD from The University of San Francisco School of Law.
As Chief People Officer, Angela is responsible for Lending Club’s human resources, as well as all things related to the people environment.
Angela has spent more than 15 years developing human resource and talent strategies for both publicly and privately held companies. Prior to joining Lending Club, Angela served as the Chief Administrative Officer for Ask.com, where she was responsible for global talent development, human resources and facilities. She played an integral role in transforming the company’s culture, leading Ask.com to win a Best Places to Work award in 2011. Before her tenure at Ask.com, Angela worked at Openwave and served as a consulting analyst for William M. Mercer Human Resources Consulting.
Angela holds a BA in Psychology from the University of California, Berkeley.
As Head of the Institutional Group, Jeff is responsible for corporate development, strategic partnerships, institutional investment products, and capital markets.
Before joining Lending Club, Jeff was at Morgan Stanley, where he served as an advisor to financial services and technology companies. He has extensive transactional experience in managing and structuring capital raises, mergers & acquisitions, and other strategic transactions. Prior experience includes similar roles at Greenhill & Co. and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
Jeff holds a BBA from the University of Georgia and an MBA from Harvard Business School.