Join Our Team
Director of Public Relations and Marketing Communications
PR at Lending Club is both brand building and business driving. The media opportunities are enormous for reaching both investors (who are looking for returns in this volatile market) and borrowers (who are fed up with banks and are trying to be more prudent about their finances). We are looking for a dynamic and driven communications leader to get the word out and help create a truly great financial services success story.
We are seeking a smart, strategic, and creative leader responsible for the development and execution of all public relations activities and programs. This position will work closely with the CMO, the CEO and our executive management team and will play a prominent role within our company.
- Communications Plan Development: Develop and execute a proactive communications plan that builds awareness of the brand amongst investors and borrowers and drives platform adoption.
- Media Relations: Establish and build relationships with consumer media including print, broadcast and online on a national and regional basis.
- Content Production:
- Create and pitch highly relevant story angles to the media based on new product launches, rich data resources, human interest stories and testimonials, surveys, and other newsworthy events. Write and edit news releases and other media background materials
- Oversee the development of marketing communications materials such as white papers, newsletters, and research briefs to build credibility and trust with the investor community.
- Oversee the production of site content and videos to help explain the Lending Club process.
- Brand: Help shape the brand tone of voice and company story to resonate with the various audiences and environments.
- External agency: Manage an outside public relations agency to achieve communications objectives.
- Budget: Manage department budget.
- Driven by data and a desire to win
- Action oriented
- Hands on
- Strong communicator
- Committed and passionate
- Enjoyable to work with
- 8-12 years of public relations experience within a consumer-driven environment
- Financial services and ecommerce experience in a high growth company
- Proven track record of building awareness and driving web traffic
- Existing personal finance media contacts with developed relationships across a variety of media channels.
- Ideal candidate will have both agency and in-house media relations experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree with excellent academic record;
- Creativity, commitment, intellect and flexibility will be highly valued.
Send us your resume in PDF format, with a brief letter introducing yourself, to: