Join Our Team
Director of Online Business Development
We are seeking an experienced business development director to forge and develop high impact partnerships with online organizations that drive substantial loan originations from creditworthy borrowers. You will be focused on identifying potential partners that can greatly scale our business, then shepherding these opportunities from prospect to long-term partner, including sales, negotiation and closing, implementation, and ongoing relationship development.
You are able to think creatively and in terms of scale. Manage and expand our numerous existing relationships, while also forming effective and profitable relationships with top tier Web sites in both personal finance and other content areas. Understand our efforts across all marketing channels and work to integrate our partnerships into a comprehensive marketing strategy. Contribute to the refinement of our existing products and the development of new ones.
- Keenly interested in both sales and long-term relationship development. You can prospect, sell and close, but don't feel your work ends once the contract is signed. You are talented at guiding partners through implementation and serving as a resource to help grow long term relationships.
- Knowledgeable of the evolving online landscape. Effective in navigating large, established organizations as well as identifying and capturing the attention of rapid growth ventures that can contribute strong strategic value to Lending Club.
- Able to quickly size opportunities and direct appropriate resources and priorities to those that offer the best potential. Comfortable declining to directly engage with high maintenance/low potential partners and prospects, while maintaining professionalism.
- Highly conversant with cost-per-action pricing metrics and able to effectively convert pricing structures to different metrics without impacting acquisition costs or ROI.
- Skilled online marketer able to advise partners on traffic acquisition, usability, merchandising, and conversion.
- Professional at all times and honored to be a high profile representative of the company.
- Experienced working for a rapid growth company. You get the job done in a continuously evolving environment while also maintaining the respect of your coworkers and peers.
- Enjoyable to work with.
- Proven track record developing multi-million dollar partnerships
- 6 â 8 years of online business development experience, including roles that were focused on both sales and implementation/relationship development
- Skilled negotiator with substantial experience in crafting comprehensive contracts
- Understand common technical integration tools and processes, such as APIs and XML feeds
- Financial services and/or consumer Internet experience preferred
- You adapt to change well and thrive in a rapid growth environment
Send us your resume in PDF format, with a brief letter introducing yourself, to: