Join Our Team
Vice President of Business Development
We are seeking an experienced financial services business development leader to forge and develop high impact partnerships with large financial services companies, retailers and distributors, and membership organizations. Your primary measure of success is your ability to drive substantial loan originations from creditworthy borrowers on a cost effective basis. You will identify potential partners that can greatly scale our business, and shepherd these opportunities from prospect to long-term partner, including sales, negotiation and closing, implementation, and ongoing relationship development.
You are able to think creatively and in terms of scale. Understand our efforts across all marketing channels and work to integrate our partnerships into a comprehensive marketing strategy. Contribute to the refinement of our existing products and the development of new ones.
- Strategic thinker able to identify large, creative and achievable opportunities. You can effectively communicate both our capabilities and limitations, and pursue and structure relationships and implementations within these parameters.
- Develop a pipeline of high impact offline partners. Make consistent and demonstrable progress on opportunities with both short and long sales cycles.
- Keenly interested in both sales and long-term relationship development. You can prospect, sell and close, but don't feel your work ends once the contract is signed. You are talented at guiding partners through implementation and serving as a resource to help grow the long term relationship.
- Ability to quickly size opportunities and direct appropriate resources and priorities to those that offer the best potential. Comfortable declining to directly engage with high maintenance/low potential partners and prospects, while maintaining professionalism.
- Highly knowledgeable about the inner workings of major financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies. Skilled at navigating large organizations and cultivating internal champions.
- Professional at all times and honored to be a high profile representative of the company.
- Experienced working for a rapid growth company. You get the job done in a continuously evolving environment while also maintaining the respect of your coworkers and peers.
- Enjoyable to work with.
- Proven track record developing multi-million dollar partnerships
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience, including roles that focused on both sales and implementation/relationship development
- Skilled negotiator with substantial experience in crafting comprehensive contracts
- Track record of success working with major financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies
- Expertise in developing innovative financial products, including the ability to build consensus amongst marketing, credit, operations, and compliance departments.
- You adapt to change well and thrive in a rapid growth environment
Send us your resume in PDF format, with a brief letter introducing yourself, to: