The goal of a CD is to lock in a fixed rate at the time of purchase for a fixed time horizon, and therefore, to get the most benefit from the CD purchase, you are going to want to remain in the product for the entire term, whether it is a 6 month, 1 year or 5 year CD. You can withdraw the money early; however, an early withdrawal penalty may be assessed. See the CD Agreement for additional details.
Can I withdraw my money early from my CD and are there penalties?
Additional Product Features FAQ
- How does early direct deposit work?
- How do I activate a new ATM/Debit card?
- Will I be notified as my CD nears maturity?
- What is the minimum balance to keep in my savings account?
- What is a CD and how does it work?
- What happens when my CD matures?
- How do I earn interest on my savings account?
- Can I add additional funds to my CD?
- Are they any fees for my savings account?